Saturday, April 9, 2011

Travel Series #2 - San Francisco

My second travel series takes us to San Francisco, California. The city has numerous attractions which appeal to me. First is Pier 39 - a tourist wharf with restaurants, street performances, and the Aquarium of the Bay where you can see over 20,000 aquatic animals. Some of them you are allowed to touch. Chinatown is another must see for me. It offers vistors stunning architecture, shopping, Chinese festivals, food, games, dancing, and painting.

Third on my list is the Golden Gate Bridge. With its stunning design and susceptibility to fog it is a great landmark to photograph. I would also tour the infamous Alcatraz Island. Alcatraz presents tourists with history and mystery. In addition it is a haven for several species of nesting birds. The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, home to over 26,000 works of art, also makes my must visit list.

These are just a few of the attractions San Francisco has to offer. Parks, cable car rides, bus and boat tours, and the San Francisco Zoo would be included in my itinerary.

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter