Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is just around the corner, so I thought I would share my thoughts on this "special" day. First, I believe that every day is an opportunity to express our appreciation and affection towards people we love. We should not designate one day for such a large purpose. Secondly, I feel that much of the gifts we give are just motions rather than well thought out ideas. Flowers, candy, and dinner are dandy but also predicable. Why not be creative, spontaneous, and mix things up. Buy her something she actually enjoys or something she has hinted to. Create a homemade card or poem, photo album, coupon book, or serenade which are much more personal and sentimental. Another reason I don't like traditional gifts is the idea that material items can express our feelings towards others. Actions speak louder than possessions. Make breakfast together, go skiing, or take in a hockey game.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter